"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Saturday, April 9, 2016

My Life is Written in This Wood

Welcoming a new kitchen table to our home. I may cry. I helped my husband buy the old one when we were just friends. Then came dating and marriage. Almost 14 years of marriage, in fact. I fed all five of our babies at that table and many others, hosted countless guests. It has dents from kids banging, stains from "washable" markers and one chair has a chew mark from the only thing Bradley ever chewed on. One chair completely retired from the kids breaking it in an MMA fight. It was an excellent table. I shouldn't be this attached. Yet, I am. But we need more space.  So here's our new table. Another good bargain.  This one from a garage sale. Nothing to fuss about when the kids dent it, scratch it and stain it. And they are young enough to still do all of those things so I can become firmly attached to this table. So please, bring your babies to eat and play. Come sit at my table. 


No comments:

Post a Comment