"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Book Club is Not for Cowards

If you have not joined a Bookclub, I highly recommend that you do so. When I first joined it took me a long time to really get involved. I didn't immediately click with the people. I did not always finish the books because of my home life. But in the last few years I have found solace in my monthly book club. And I hate to miss it. And I have found some of my best friends in this book club. I have revived my joy for reading which helps me to escape this difficult life. And reading is something that I can do with the fibromyalgia. With the new Kindle unlimited immersion program I can switch from reading to listening in the same book. When I put my kids down for bed I put headphones on and listen to the book while I am doing housework. But then when I'm ready to go to bed I simply switch over to reading text. It will save your spot. It syncs from phone to Kindle or apps. Yes, I like a paper book. Yet technology has made reading easier. 


Author Callie Newman joined our Bookclub last night as we discussed her book We're All Mad Here. Check it out on Amazon. I really enjoyed it. I told her that when I finished, I immediately went to Amazon to find her other books only to find that this is her first. Sad because I couldn't jump into another one right away but delighted because if the first one was this good then they should only get better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment