"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Friday, January 10, 2014

Introductory to Essential Oils

I've been so fascinated with how well the essential oils have been working on our kids. In addition to the lavender oil I've been using on her eczema, I've been using the lavender for their teething pain. So instead of using Tylenol I've been rubbing lavender oil directly on the emerging tooth and it does seem to calm them. Especially when they start grinding their teeth. That drives me nuts!
 I've been so impressed with the oils. I love being able to treat ailments without taking medicine internally or giving medicine to my children. So, I decided to buy the introductory pack that includes the lavender, lemon and peppermint oils. Evidently those are their top three selling oils because they are the most versatile. It comes with a CD that tells you how to use them. Of course, I've been using the lavender on her eczema. But my husband was congested so we used peppermint on his chest and sinuses.  It worked! I've also used the peppermint on my stomach when it's been upset.

You may remember that this time last year I wrote about getting so sick when we traveled at Christmas that I felt like I was allergic to the climate of my home state. This year I went prepared with the nausea patches that you wear when you go on a cruise. However, I didn't have to wear them. I don't know if it's the diet that I've been on or luck. I did get a little nauseated a few times at night in the car when on windy roads in the country. But that's always a complication for me because of my sensitivity to lights. It's just hard at night because it's dark everywhere and then bright lights from a car or signs, etc. and it makes me sick. I used a combination of this oil Motion Eaze that I got at Walmart for less than $10 and Peppermint essential oil rubbed on my stomach or just inhale.
 I decided to give the PastTense® Tension Blend a try for headaches instead of popping Tylenol or a migraine pill as soon as it's coming on. With two toddlers I don't have time to wait for a full blown migraine to hit me so unfortunately I do try to cut it off early. It did work, but I will say that when the directions say to apply to your neck, forehead and temples then lay back and relax what it really means lay back so that the oil on your forehead and temples don't run into your eyes because it will bu-urn. I usually don't have time to sit back and relax. So I'm just putting it lightly on my temples and neck then continuing on with my day. Honestly the headache does come back after a couple of hours, but mine do with my RX meds too. Usually only a night's sleep get rid of mine. Sometimes I even wake up with it again. But this at least buys me a little time, med free, to keep going. 

*essential oils have not been approved by the FDA. All comments are my sole opinion and based on personal experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment