"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My, Oh, My! One Little Word And Suddenly I'm Famous!


I wrote an article about Morgan Freeman. Someone left a comment below the article to tell me that a photo was posted on a Facebook page with a quote from Mr. Freeman that very closely resembled the tag line from my blog. Hmm?! I'm glad to know that I said something so astounding that someone would use it to be quoted as coming from Morgan Freeman. It would definitely sound better coming from his voice than mine, that is for sure. You know, he probably just repeated it after hearing me say it in one of our many lengthy conversations he and I have had, right? I can forgive him for that. 
"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."
This is the tag line from my blog and has been for several years. Of course, the creator of the Morgan Freeman photo did leave one word out which I guess makes it okay to take a quote from one person and attribute it to someone else. Although, I doubt Mr. Freeman knows anything about this. I sure didn't. I've been too busy trying to figure out how to be a mom to two one-year-olds while living with a body that seems to continually betray me. But I'm glad that my article about Morgan Freeman made such an impact after he shared his diagnosis with the world. So, have you noticed the one little word that suddenly turned me into a famous person? "My." Which is exactly what this blog is all about. Fibromyalgia effects every person differently. This is My Fibro. This is My Life. This is My Choice to not let Fibromyalgia take the Joy.  Let this be the mantra for all of us. After all, Mr. Freeman and I are very wise when we speak.

3 comments:

  1. I think the person that made that pic, saw your article on Mr Freeman, and jumped to the conclusion, Falsely, that He was the speaker of the Quote. It originated on the facebook page Voices of Fibromyalgia. You may not have a problem with it, but I think it gave many people false hope that he might become a spokesperson for the cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGREED......I THINK PEOPLE WERE HOPING THAT FINALLY THEY WOULD HAVE A VOICE.....SOMEONE IN SOME POSITION OF POWER WITH A VOICE..............:(

      Delete