"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Monday, March 18, 2013

PubCrawling

pubcrawling
On St. Patrick's Day I went with a group of friends to Austin to ride the PubCrawler. It was so much fun! It was my first time to do it. I will admit that I was a little nervous because it is a physical activity. But I've always wanted to do it and they were going with or without me. And for me it happened to be a good time because I was actually on all my medications. So I'm at my best right now. So what's a pubcrawler? It's a bar on wheels. A tandem bicycle to be exact and you have to pedal to make it move. You can take kegs, boxes or wine or ice chests of whatever drinks you like as long as there are no glass. You pedal and drink as you crawl Austin. They make a couple of stops and give you time to go into a few bars if you want. We chose to eat. I had the best turkey reuben I've ever had at Opal Divines
me and my husband
It was so much fun! SO MUCH FUN! Yes, parts of it were difficult but we did have several people on board that were not pedaling at all. So I definitely would not suggest booking it full of a Fibro convention. Afterward and the next day my butt hurt. It was like where the seam or edge of my underwear had been pressing into the seat. I thought that it was my sensitivity to touch, but my husband said that his hurt too. The front of my legs were a little irritated where the edge of my shorts had rubbed while I pedaled. 
Absolutely no visible sign of anything just, again, my sensitivity to a touch that is not normally there. I would not recommend going in the summer because we got warm, from the sunshine and exertion, even though it was not a hot day for us. If you're ever in Austin it is a must do!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! a friend sent me the link to your blog and I have only begun reading. After reading your information in the sidebar I looked for a way to send you an email but do not see one, so I figured I can just make contact in a comment :).
    My name is Shelly Bolton, I am an editor and author, and back in February I released my first book, "Fibromyalgia: A Guide to Understanding the Journey." It is largely a description of some of the most common signs and symptoms and co-morbid conditions, for a dual purpose of helping other fibro fighters know they aren't alone and aren't crazy, as well as to provide information family members may be able to better connect with to really understand what their loved one is experiencing. The last half of the book contains stories contributed by other fibro fighters of their own journeys with onset, diagnosis, treatment, and just learning to live life as fully as possible with such a condition.
    I write because given your information I am curious as to whether you might be interested in participating in my newest project. I have a few projects going, but this one is really my pet and will be the next publication, and it is inspired by the fact I have heard such good responses to the fibro stories in the last book, and have received requests for more of this type of material. This book is to be a collection of fibro journey stories, poetry, and similar material, all contributed by other fibro fighters. If you or any of your readers would have any interest in participating in such a project I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to send emails to fibromyalgiajourney@gmail.com and I will respond as quickly as I can. If you do want to participate, please don't hesitate as I am trying to get all of the material in hand by the middle of July so that it can all be put together and ready for publication hopefully by the end of august!
    I would also love to send you a PDF copy of my existing book if you are interested in reading it. Just send me an email and I'll get it to you.
    Thank you :-)
    Shelly Bolton

    ReplyDelete