"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What a Day a Week Makes!

It's been a week and four days since I went back on the Lyrica. I was on 75 mg once a day for a week, then moved up to 150 mg once a day. I can already tell a difference! All of my sensitivities are coming out of overdrive. I've not had as many migraines. Still some headaches though. I'm able to ride in a car again without being nauseated. I can go out in public again without the sounds and smells of the people associated with the outside world making me sick. People just don't know how hard it is to function when the simple sound of a fork being dropped on a plate can send you spiraling into unrecoverable nausea, vertigo and migraines. Or their stupid phone chirping with a text message. Things that most people don't even notice can seem fatal to me. But now it's coming back under control. I'm really hoping to be able to stay at this dosage. But one of my biggest adversaries, Summer, is on its way. With the heat and the brilliant sunshine, come more woes. I suspect I may just have to increase when summer hits full force. But hopefully not.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing a positive experience with Lyrica- so many I've read are anti as "side effects are too severe". I was very blessed to have family and friends help out a lot when I first started though- and I'm glad I was then able to push through because it has really helped! It truly is awesome to not have sensations immediately translate into pain. You describe it so well here! My husband tells people it's a "body migraine" and I think that's pretty accurate too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete