"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Is There a Doctor in the House?

I have to find a new doctor. Mine has moved. I have approximately 3 months to find said doctor because I only have 3 months left of my prescriptions Lyrica and Cymbalta. I dread the search for a new doctor. When I went in for my foster care physical the doctor asked me questions about my prescriptions and why I was taking each one. It was as if she didn't know they were used for treating Fibromyalgia. I wonder how much she knows about Fibro at all. But I have to go back to someone, so I'll start with her and give her another chance and ask her these questions that plague me. Maybe she was just seeing what I was about. But the realization hit me this morning. I'm scared of doctors. I'm afraid that they'll close the door and trap me in the room and want to run all these test to find out what is wrong with me. Every time I have to find a new doctor they want to run test. I know what's wrong with me. I have Fibromyalgia.

1 comment:

  1. I hate doc visits, like that too. And especially finding new ones to boot. Good luck and God bless ya!
    Hugs,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete