"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Giving In Or Giving Up

It's one o'clock in the morning and I'm still up with abdomen pain which the doctor thinks is my gall bladder. I had my ultrasound today and go for my follow up appointment tomorrow. I'm thinking of my neighbor who had emergency gall bladder surgery. I have less than 24 hours to make it to my appointment. But I have considered a trip to the emergency room. I've taken an antacid because I had forgotten that she told me to do that. I don't know what good that would do. I'm tired but I can't sleep. These are times when I wish I actually kept real sleeping pills in the house. I run my hands into my hair and grab it by the fistful. I don't pull, it's just a habit I have when I'm in pain. I don't know why I do it, it doesn't help. The pain is now in my kidneys and spreading to my joints. I'm starting to flare up. I've given in and taken the last Hydracodon that my husband had from his ankle sprain. My aversion to pain pills doesn't seem so important right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment