"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What Makes Me Weak

It's been 11 months since we moved. I've not had regular chiropractic care for 11 months now. Since I've not been getting my regular adjustments I had to begin taking preventative medication for migraines. I decided it was finally time to get back to what has been a saving grace for me for so long. I asked around and got a recommendation for a guy that sounded really good and uses some alternative methods. Of course I waited until I was three days in a row with migraines before I finally made an appointment, but I finally got there. It was a very interesting initial assessment. Chiropractic care has always been seen as a type of alternative medicine. The type that he and his father do in their clinic is considered even a little more alternative than just regular chiropractic. He tested the different strengths all over my body looking for weaknesses. Then he tried to find what triggered the weaknesses. I'll try to explain. I hold my arm out in front of me and he presses down. I'm supposed to try to keep him from pressing down. Then I repeat the same exercise but with my head bent forward, then backward, then to one side, then the other. He found that as long as my head was up straight I was fine. But if I turned my head in any direction or bent my neck in any direction I became weakened. Similar tests were done over the entire body. Then he looked for my intolerances, like allergies that make me weak or sick. The same type of strength test was performed using an area where I was strong. This time he took a vial with something in it, held a big magnet behind it and pressed it against my body. Then tried to see if I could keep him from pressing my arm down. I was good. Tried a couple more vials and still good. Then we got to one vial where all the sudden I couldn't hold my arm up. It was the weirdest thing. When he held that vial next to me and pressed down on my arm, I had no control to keep my arm up. He changed vials and I was strong again. Go back to the bad vial and I was suddenly weak again. So what was in that blasted vial? MSG! I have a weakness against MSG. He said that was a very common thing in people who suffer with headaches. You're probably thinking the same thing I was. So now I have to completely cut out all MSG? He said that he can treat me to be able to tolerate some levels of MSG. But of course, it's best to try to decrease your intake. We'll get back to that. But first he tried a bunch of other vials. We talked about people with Fibromyalgia using the Candida diet. He had Candida so he tested it on me. No reaction to it. Of course, using the Candida Diet with Fibromyalgia isn't because we have Candida, it just seems to help the symptoms. He said, "well, yeah, it's eating perfectly healthy." We talked about the treatment and the possibility of being able to come off my medicine for both the migraines and the vertigo. He has seen both of those be corrected from this treatment. He believes I could at least maybe decrease my medication. Also, the sensitivity, soreness, tension all associated with Fibromyalgia he believes could also be helped although he never claimed to be able to heal Fibro. He gave me a spinal adjustment and acupressure. Then a special type of acupuncture to build my tolerance to the MSG. I held a vial of the MSG and he used a little probe that sent electrical shock, which I could barely feel, into different points on my body. Then, while I was still holding the MSG, he used a laser and shot different points on my body. He gave me a set of exercises to do for my neck muscles and I go back in a weak. In the meantime I am going to try to pay attention to what I eat and notice the MSG content and see if I can decrease it.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting! I do hope he can help your migraines, vertigo & fibro. Keep us posted. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the update on how you are doing since taking the MSG out of your diet? Also I didn't quite understand what you were saying about the candida diet. Were you saying he did or did not recommend it for you? I was thinking about doing it for myself. I also have Fibromyalgia, Migraines, and many other symptoms that could be associated with candida overgrowth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha. Actually I haven't been trying all that hard to eliminate the MSG. And the treatments that he's been doing for it to strengthen me have been successful. I don't have an overgrowth of candida. He was saying that the Candida Diet was an extremely healthy diet and any extremely healthy diet would be beneficial. However, since I don't have the Candida overgrowth, I don't have to do it exactly like that. For instance I can have fruit because I don't have a yeast in me that would live off the sugar in the fruit. I recommend that you go to the doctor and get tested to see if you have candida overgrowth.

    ReplyDelete