"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Monday, February 7, 2011

Energy Chart

I continue to search for blogs of moms with Fibromyalgia. I want to have some support system in place before we receive any foster babies. I've not found much, but I did run across this energy chart on Moms in Flight. It's a pretty neat little tool for easier communication within the family about your Fibromyalgia. The chart includes your likely symptoms that day, your activity level and what you need help with. This is what the author says:
"I have this printed out, laminated and I placed it on my refrigerator door where everyone can see it.  Then, depending upon the level number I am at, I have little arrow stickies that point to that level.  Then everyone in the house knows how I am feeling that day and I don't have to make a point of telling everyone how I'm feeling.  I save energy by not having to constantly remind everyone how I am feeling (and everyone doesn't have to hear me complain!!!!!)"
If you have the chart laminated you could probably use a dry erase marker to indicate your level. Or if you don't laminate the chart, you could use a cute little magnet to put next to your level. I say that because I don't know that a little magnet would be strong enough to go through a laminated sheet. Hope this comes in handy for some of you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this and for having this blog!!!! I believe it IS very hard to find support specifically for Mother's with fibromyalgia. Caring for others (especially little ones who don't understand!) while learning to care for yourself from moment to moment is daunting and often demoralizing. I am going to print this off for my husband! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete