"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Christmas Miracle

Christmas Eve was spent attending our church's candle light Christmas Eve service. It was so nice. I was glad that they had it since they decided to cancel the Sunday service on the 26th to allow all the staff and volunteers to have the flexibility to travel and spend time with their families for the holidays. I'm fine with that. I just really miss church when we don't get to go. But as soon as we got home I was walking through the house and was struck with a migraine. It just hit me all of a sudden with vertigo and nausea. My husband was just singing in the kitchen starting dinner, had no idea that anything was wrong with me because I had just walked through the living room. It literally, hit me like a bullet. I made it back it to the couch. We got me medicated and all that jazz. Christmas morning I woke up, still with a headache. We opened our stockings. Since we have some big things coming up we decided not to spend money on presents. I tried to eat breakfast, but my migraine was getting worse. I took the last dose of medicine that I could take within the 24 hour period. I got in the hot tub. I spent about four hours in there. I finally found a position that stretched my neck just so that relieved the tension and decreased the pain. I didn't want to move. I could tell I was starting to get a little sunburn. I was pruning. I wanted to get out, but at the same time was afraid that if I did the migraine would come back. See, some friends had invited us to Christmas at their home at 4 o'clock. I really wanted to go. I wanted to have a place to spend Christmas. Not that Rob isn't family enough for me. But having just moved here and having no family around, it's our first Christmas away from our families. It's kinda depressing. So I really wanted to be able to go. Thankfully Rob was in the kitchen making the food and desserts that we said we would bring so that if I was up to it we could still go. I finally got out of the hot tub and rested a little before I managed a shower. Then a little nap. I woke up and it was a Christmas miracle. We went to our friends house and I was fine. We had Christmas dinner. We played their new kinect game. I'm sure I spelled that wrong. But we didn't leave until about 2 o'clock in the morning. I made it through the whole evening without a headache. Thank you God for my Christmas miracle! My friend did ask if I kept up with the weather because she gets migraines based on the different fronts that come through. So I'm going to check that out. Living here is a whole new climate for our bodies to adjust to and new allergens.

No comments:

Post a Comment