"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Monday, December 20, 2010

Blue Christmas

My parents were just here for the weekend. It was their early Christmas visit. Since moving here six months ago, this will be our first time to have a Christmas away from our families. I mentioned before that I had a new wave of homesickness hit after we returned from our Thanksgiving trip. Now I am feeling the Christmas blues. It's going to be so weird not having anyone to spend Christmas with. Yes, we have each other. But it will be weird not having a dinner or family get together. And since we just moved in and still need some large items for the house and there are some things coming up in the near future we decided that we wouldn't buy gifts for each other. So there will be no opening of gifts either. I'm starting to get kinda depressed. At least our church is having a Christmas Eve service. 

4 comments:

  1. Remember what the TRUE meaning of Christmas is...not gifts or even your loved ones (although they play a huge role in things!) but the true meaning is honoring our Good Lord above and he will fill you like no other. That's how I keep thinking the first Christmas after I lost my mom. It's not easy, but you just do it. I have faith in you!! When you feel blue, maybe doing something nice for your neighbors will help? Like baking cookies or even just saying hi as you meet outside your house. AND you have your "furry babies", too. Don't for get them!! You have so much going for you so snap out of it!! (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, you are so right. Christmas is to remember the birth of Christ. Gifts are just a representation of the gifts the wise men brought Him and the gift that He was from God. It has gotten blown way out of proportion. It is nice though to spend it with loved ones. But even Mary and Joseph had to go be alone in a barn to have their first baby, right? That wasn't pleasant. Perspective. Thank you for keeping me straight. Our music director and his wife have invited us over on Christmas day. That will be so nice. So Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your Christmas picture on "Tattle Tails." I admire your dedication to get the picture!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Did you see the pics before that post where Grandma and Grandpa came to visit? OMGosh, cuteness! Are they still having problems with commenting on that blog?

    ReplyDelete