"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We went home for the first time since we moved here in June. Wow, that was a long wait. But I think it was good for me because it helped me get past the homesickness before coming home which would have just prolonged it. We decided to go home the week before the week of Thanksgiving so that we would have the opportunity to see some friends. We thought that if we went the week of Thanksgiving everyone would be busy traveling and having their
Thanksgiving with families. Also, I had been upset that I was missing fall for the first time in my life. I know I wasn't missing fall, but I was missing the changing of the leaves. But for whatever reason in the weather this year, the leaves changed very late. Usually they are dead and on the ground by November, but they were changing. It was so nice. It was like Fall had held it's breath just for me. Sunday we had Thanksgiving with as many as we could of Rob's family.
Then Monday my friend Sharon and I went out to Pinnacle Mountain to look at the leaves. It was so nice.
Tuesday we had a little "open house" at Chic-Fil-A. We told everyone we would be there for a few hours and to come by and see us. We were able to see lots of friends that way.

Then we headed to Memphis with my parents to see my Grandparents. Thursday was a down day as we were both exhausted by this point. Friday we met my brother and nephew for lunch and a movie. Then had dinner with friends again before heading back to rest up for the long drive back. On the way home Rob was pretty sick. He had some kind of cold. After a few days I caught it too. It took longer for him to shake it. But it was good to be back home for the holidays. And it was good to come back home. Yes, you heard me. It was good to get back home. It was during this trip that I started calling Texas home. You know when you're staying somewhere else and in hotels, etc. You are enjoying yourself, but finally ready to be back in your own bead and not living out of a suitcase. And I was missing my friends here. I had missed our new church. I missed the ladies at my Bible study. And I was glad to be back in the warmer weather. It's nice to go where it's cold and the leaves are changing. But it's kinda like going where it snows . . . that's vacation weather. This here. . . this is weather for living.

No comments:

Post a Comment