"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dentist Visit

I went to the dentist Monday (today is Wed.) Tuesday morning when I brushed my teeth I had soreness at my gumline from where I had had my cleaning. That night it was a little worse. This morning it is still there, though a little better. I'm not sure that this is in any way related to the Fibro. My husband went for his visit at the same time. He said that his gums were swollen and sore. But I think they had to clean him a little more aggressively since they got on to him for not flossing enough. At one point the dentist said that flossing is just as important as him taking his blood pressure medicine. An infection in your gums can get into your blood stream and be very serious to your health. So y'all get flossing!

2 comments:

  1. Gee, I didn't know flossing with THAT important! I knew about tooth infections getting into your bloodstream, however, from not brushing. I'm religious on brushing, just not flossing. Your post will change my ways. That you for the advice!!

    Hugs,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easier than it used to be too. They have those flossing sticks that make it easier to reach the back teeth. My favorite is the Reach that has a handle like a toothbrush, but you change the flossing head on the end. But they are kind of expensive. You can sometimes find coupons but it's still a little expensive in my opinion. But I guess if it's that's important then it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete