"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Neither Here Nor There

Let's start with the good news. I don't remember if I mention that the last time I was at the doctor, at my last breast appointment, I had only gained 1/2 a pound. That's great for me because usually I gain 3 or 4 pounds at every appointment. I've quit letting them tell me what I weigh. I say "don't tell me what I weigh, just tell me how much I've gained." This time I think that I only gained half a pound because before I had worn flip flops and taken them off to weigh. Gross, I know. But I'm desperate. This time I was wearing tennis shoes. That's worth half a pound, right? So I've finally quit gaining weight. Of course, I've quit eating too. Just kidding, but I have been working really hard. Here's the bad news. I had one of those $10 gift cards that Kohl's sends you in the mail. So I went to find something on clearance because I'm cheap. I couldn't find anything in the ladies. So I go over to the women's department where I expected to go anyway. I grab a few things in an 18. I try those on and they were too big. That's great, right? Wrong. I'm stuck. I'm in between, again. The regular clothes don't fit because they are too tight. They plus sizes are too big. So what do I do? It's practically impossible for me to lose weight. So what, gain weight just to fit in the next size up? I've spent most of my life here. In the in between. Seriously, I think the gap between the regular sizes and the plus sizes is too large. In fact, it's about the size of me.

3 comments:

  1. What a predicament you are in! I sure wouldn't want to gain weight....maybe you could sign up for the bariatric surgery with me! Just kidding. Now that the surgeon appointment is getting closer, I'm getting very nervous.

    You don't have to tell me figures or anything, but how are you doing with Google Adsense? They finally approved my blog and I've had ads up for a week now and not one person has clicked on them. Is this the same for you? Or do I have a lot of cheap people visiting my blog? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to have a HUGE flow of traffic to get any money off of those ads. I wouldn't qualify for the lapband. Not one of my doctors has ever brought up my weight. I don't have high blood pressure or diabetes. I know that I would feel better and I would definitely look better. I have put on anything I had lost through the years since being on the meds. And a lot of puffiness in the face and neck especially. So I shouldn't be complaining. I just hate being stuck in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I hear you. I hate that, too. I'm stuck at the same weight and have been for a few months now. My feet are just huge and I'm miserable. I can barely walk on them. I can't wait until my appt. on Thursday with the bariatric surgeon. We can get things moving, I hope!!!

    Hope you are having a good Saturday!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete