"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Good With The Bad

I was talking on the phone with a friend back home. She was concerned about how I was feeling because she has been reading my blog. Evidently I'm always talking about how bad I feel. True. That's what I do here. I focus on my Fibromyaglia and how it affects my life. But what I don't focus on is how it has NOT affected my life. Now that my friend does not see me on a regular basis and only reads my blog, she thought my health had taken gone downhill. Sure there are things that are worse. But there are things that are better now that I'm not working and now that I'm in a more stable weather environment. So I would say that I'm about the same as she remembers. In fact, most people who know me are surprised when they find out that I have Fibromyalgia. And my doctors have always commented on how well I do in general. I think it is because, for the most part, pain is not my issue. Yes, I have the pain associated with Fibromyalgia. I met the criteria on the tender points chart. But my pain is not as debilitating as it is for most people. Although I do have my flare-ups and my bad days. My issue, as stated in my "about me" on the sidebar, is the hyper-sensitivity to external stimuli. Light. Sound. Smell. Motion. Changes in temperature, air pressure, barometric pressure, ventilation. It results in vertigo, nausea and migraines that are for the most part controlled with my prescription glasses and medications. Lifestyle helps prevent pain flare ups. So here's what you should know about me. For every bad day, I have 10 good ones. So when I'm not writing about the bad days it's because I'm not writing about the good days. I'm busy trying to live them.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are doing OK. I assume you are having good days, as you stated in your blog. I just miss your posts! I haven't had a good day in quite awhile, unfortunately. Lots of flare-ups and I have a NEW problem to add to the list: twitches! I twitch in my hands, arms, and throat, making my speech horrible! Oh, my, I hope it goes away soon!!!

    Just thought I'd check on you.
    Hugs,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete