"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Monday, October 18, 2010

Christmas Bazaar

I've been so busy lately that one of the many things I've neglected are my blogs. I have been preparing for my Christmas Bazaar. I started to meet people. Well, I actually started because one girl asked me to have a home party for her scrapbooking business and the other girl sitting there said "if you have a party for her, you have to have a party for me," (she sells candles). So I came up with the idea of having them at the same time and asking other ladies who do things to get in on it so that we could invite all of the ladies from the Bible study and my scrapbook and card swapping groups. The idea being that I could meet people that I've come in contact with or have more contact with the people I've met. Because I don't think I just say "Hey, I'm brand new to town and I don't know any of you, so why don't you all come over to my house for a "whatever" party and spend your money so I can get some free crap." However, I feel more comfortable saying that I'm having a festival type event where you can come get lots of Christmas shopping done in one place. Some of the vendors are home consultants. Some are local people who make things and sell them as a business or just for this event. The vendor end has exploded. So much that I no longer have room in my house. I have even opened up the guest room for space, three tables on the back deck and one vendor is bringing her awning to set up in the backyard. Now we need the shoppers. And I really hope they come. Because I have been working my katookis off getting all this planned and I still have lots of food to prepare, get my own booths ready, house clean (like actually clean), sign and balloons for front yard. Okay I feel like I'm making a To-Do list now. But don't worry, I don't want you to be left out. So you're invited too. Some of the vendors have websites. I am going to post their websites on the blog so you can do some early Christmas shopping, too. The party begins here November 6th, 2010.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get lots of shoppers! If I lived near you, I definitely would go. I LOVE candles, crafts, scrapbooking, all of it!! My husband would probably go into a tizzy with spending a lot of money, though. :(

    You have fun, but don't overdo it. You'll be paying for it when its all over for sure, but you don't want to add anything worse!

    Happy Monday,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete