"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tingling

I had just woken from a nap that was not nearly long enough. I was brushing my teeth to get ready ready to go out and my mouth couldn't feel the automatic toothbrush. It was like I had been at the dentist and had been numbed. Then on the way in the car, I was touching my right arm, but my right arm couldn't feel my left hand touching it. My left fingers could feel my right arm. But my right arm was numb. told Rob, "I think I'm still asleep." Has anyone else ever experienced anything like that? Where a body part was numb? I am not diabetic, most recent test having been done just four months ago. I was tested for neuropathy and was negative for that although I was a little higher on the scale than most people. So has anyone ever had that? Maybe it was just the way I was laying on a nerve while asleep. I do get tingling in my feet and legs. I'll have to adjust the angle of my legs. Sometimes it's because my shoes are too tightly tied, etc. Sometimes it's because I've just got my arm on the table or my phone up to my ear too long so I have to switch. Almost like I have poor circulation. Anyone else?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I get tingling sensations all the time, in various parts of my body. Of course, I've got peripheral neuropathy because of the three discs in my lower back are compressing the nerves to my legs. Some days are worse than others, but it's always there. Before my back was bad, I remember getting tingling sensation when I laid on something too long. That's what it sounds like to me what is going on with you. I'm no doctor, though, so please do check it out when you go to the doctor.

    I hope you have a good weekend!
    Hugs,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had what you described several times. It's quite disconcerting when you touch your arm and the only thing you feel is your fingers, or the other way around, your arm. I've had it happen on my legs as well.
    I was finally diagnosed with neuropathy 3 years ago by my neurologist after 3 hours of testing and gathering family history, etc... Mind you, I'd had the various types of pain associated with neuropathy for the past 15 years give or take. During those years, I'd been told it's muscle strain, rheumatism, arthritis, pinched nerve, etc... Any medication prescribed had 0 effect on the pain so after a while, I gave up and just learned to live with the tingling, jabs, burning, loss of feeling and stabbing pains.

    By the time the neuro diagnosed me, I was at the point where I had to try on a variety of clothing every morning to see what worked and what didn't. Fabrics have become my enemy and some mornings the most I can wear is a pair of thin cotton shorts and a spaghetti strap top. Not something one can wear easily to go to work. (guess getting laid off was a good thing when it happened, but the loss of income is not good)

    I'd ask to be tested by a neurologist since what you're describing sounds a lot like one of the various types of neuropathy. It's better to know what's happening as you can better deal with it than ignoring it. Believe me, I know how that goes LOL

    Oh, I was prescribed amitriptylene. It's not a wonder drug but wow, for me it's changed my life! I still have pain, but it's a pain I can cope with most days barring any surprises.

    ReplyDelete