"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Manic Fatigue?

I don't even know what to call it. This Sunday was wild. My poor husband. I think he may actually prefer when I am too fatigued to do anything. Saturday I went to the scrapbooking event that was from 4 in the afternoon to 11pm. Usually I try to get a little nap before to help me through the evening, but the day prevented me from it. But something kicked in. I don't know if it was the tea that I had before and at dinnertime with the girls or just spending time with the girls. I ended up staying late and talking afterward. I didn't head home until after midnight getting home a little before 1am. But instead of going to bed what do I do? I see the dog flap his ears so I decide that this is the time to wash them out. I've been putting it off for a few weeks and this is this best time of all, right? Took my time getting ready for bed, still energized from the fun of the night. I thought I would never be able to go to sleep. Of course I did go to sleep as soon as I lay my head down. The second my alarm went off to get ready for church I popped right up. No snoozing or burrowing deeper down into my slumber. I can't get out of bed after 9 hours of sleep much less 6. But here I went. I did think that I would need the caffeine to get me through church so I had a coffee. But that just added fuel to the fire. I was so ramped up. Maybe it was just that I've been so homesick and finally got another night out that I just went nuts. Sunday afternoon Rob recommended that I go lay down because we were supposed to meet our new small group for church at 5pm. Usually I take a good nap late Sunday afternoons. I told him that I had plenty of energy. He said that he knew I felt that way, but he knew that I really did need to rest. So about 2 o-clock after doing a little bit of stuff on the computer my eyes started getting heavy so I went to lay down. He was right. He had to come wake me up.We went to our get together at a local restaurant where we were to meet each other, some for the first time. Again, I was so energized. I was much more outgoing than I would normally be during a dinner with people I was meeting for the first time. Of course, I already knew two of the couples which only left four people that I didn't know. But still, I was acting so silly. I was up late Sunday night with energy. I woke up good Monday morning but it finally wore out pretty early that same day. So has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I can't imagine it was the caffeine. I'm not so strict that I would have such a reaction. Maybe I have been so house bound that I went bonkers when I was able to be around people. That's so sad to even admit. I'm embarrassed for myself. But could that really explain the burst of energy? Is there such a thing as an opposite to fatigue and does it ever affect those with Fibromyalgia? If so, how can I put it in a pill so that I can help others and more importantly become filthy rich?

3 comments:

  1. I have had times where I felt energized enough to get housework done, laundry and even a shower after all that in the same day! It doesn't come very often. In fact, I haven't felt energized in a long time. Probably more because of my weight than the fibro. My body is tired of carting all my "excess" around. I don't blame it, I would to!! Well, body, you are going to lose lots of weight, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my husband point out to me that Mondays are always a good day for me. Thinking back on it, I quickly figured out why.

    Monday is the day I meet up with my bestest friend, my soulsister, my buddy in crime :) We get together every Monday (when she makes it into town) and we go have lunch somewhere and just chat about everything and anything, show off what we've been knitting/crocheting during the past week. Ask each other for advice on anything since we've found that we each have info the other can use. I come back from this hour lunch feeling like someone put me on some really amazing upper. I feel like nothing can stop me during the rest of the day. Sure I end up crashing around 5 pm. but what a rush!

    I'd say, enjoy the energy rush, take advantage of it and have fun. Considering the rest of the week is filled with chores and bargaining with fibro, I take Mondays and cherish them and look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get a super rush from socializing with my friends or doing my crafts. But I always pay for it later. It's like I have to decide if it will be worth it. Most of the time the answer is yes. It's the whole sense of not letting the Fibro take the joy of me living my life.

    ReplyDelete