"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We had company from home this weekend. We had some friends who were in town for a family member's 50th wedding anniversary party so they added a day to their trip to spend with us. In addition to that, a mutual friend of both of ours came in from Houston. So on Sunday we all met at a local restaurant for lunch. My friend's college roommate and her husband and son were there as well. Then they all went swimming in the afternoon while we came home and rested. Well, my husband rested and I continued to get ready for the night. I did lay in the recliner for a little while when I felt I was completely ready for the evening. We all got back together at our house and grilled and had a little cake for one of the guy's 40th birthday. It was so much fun and it did my heart so much good. Just to see friends from home. To see that my life before here really existed and wasn't just a dream. The girl from Houston used to live with us back home but moved away four years ago. So she and I had a lot to talk about. She said that everything I was feeling was completely normal and that she went through it too. She recommended a book called After the Boxes are Unpacked by Susan Miller. My fried said that moving involved a grieving process and that this book really helped her. After they left that night I immediately got on e-bay and bought it. So my book is on it's way. I slept 12 hours straight that night and woke feeling pretty good. But after only and hour and a half was ready for a nap. I kept myself up with this and that though. Eventually I did take a nap in the late afternoon, since it was Labor Day and all. But we didn't even leave the house. And I only changed from one set of pajamas to another. I went to bed at a decent time and slept almost another 11 hours. So I guess I was pretty worn out from all the excitement. But it sure was fun and I still have a smile on my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment