"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brace Yourself

After a few days of cloud cover I'm having a hard time adjusting to the sunlight again. Even in the house it's so bright. It's now two days after my fall as a result of Tropical Storm Hermine and I'm much more sore today. It feels a lot like a flare up. I did get in the hot tub last night. It wasn't long before the jets became uncomfortable, almost painful. So today I just soaked in the bath tub. Pretty much my entire body is hurting. I finally figured out how I fell. I knew that when I went down I fell backward and my legs went in front of me. My left foot and right knee getting banged up. When talking to my Dad he said "I bet your tailbone hurts." I realized that although I fell backward I didn't land on my bottom because my tailbone didn't hurt at all. So how did I land? Today I have the answer. My arms went back and I took the brunt of the fall on my elbows sending the jolt up my arms into my shoulders. I actually first noticed the pain in my spine. I can feel the pain in between the individual vertebrae. Then, beyond noticing my entire body ached, I felt my elbows were very sensitive. They are sore. My arms are sore all the way up. My trapezoid muscles and neck hurt. My pectoralis muscles hurt and I know I never use those. My shoulders ache. My shoulders are one of my biggest problems areas. My elbows and arms too. So this fall was exceptionally bad for me. Tonight we ate chicken and I couldn't cut my chicken with my fork because of the pressure that went up my arm and into my shoulder. I had to pick it up which I hate doing. Just a peeve of mine. Then I had to quit eating the chicken because my jaws started hurting from the chewing so I just ate the potatoes which were soft and easy to chew. I don't know if it sent me into a flare up or if it's just soreness from the fall. But I have pain in all my joints, all my muscles are hurting, my bones. If you have Fibro you know what I'm talking about. My fingers hurt to type this. Of course, the weather man says that humidity is up because of the storms that are moving through and the seasons are changing too. It could be one of those or a combination of all of it. I do tend to feel a lot of these symptoms when the seasons change. But I would almost bet money that all of this is related to my fall. We're running the dehumidifier in the house and that is helping a lot, as always.  I took a nap this afternoon just to escape the pain. I was tired. But to tell the truth I was trying to pass time also. But it hurt to lay in the bed. I know I would feel better if I got in the tub again, but I just can't bring myself to go through all that trouble. It doesn't make sense to the normal person, but undressing, getting soaking wet, drying off and getting dressed again is quite a chore when you're in pain. I'm too tired now at the end of the day. These are the times I wish I had pain pills, but I really don't want to start down that road as long as I don't have to. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I feel so badly for you. It sounds like you have a combination of fall/flare-up. You fell, which sent your body into flare-up. I have that all the time. A few months ago, I had steroid back injections and for some reason, I feel SIX times in ONE week. Boy was I ever in flare-up. I hope you feel better soon. I understand completely about not wanting to go to the trouble of having a bath. It just is too exhausting!!!

    Feel better soon!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete