The topics are:
- What is chronic pain?
- How is it different from acute pain?
- How am I affected by their pain?
- What do I do to take care of myself?
- Is it all in their heads?
- Could they be faking it, say, to get out of work?
- How should I respond to my loved one when (s)he’s in pain? How much should I do to be helpful?
- How can I tell how he or she is doing?
- What treatments are there for chronic pain?
- Will my loved one get addicted to his or her medications?
- What questions do I need to ask the doctor?
- What else helps besides medication?
- How do I communicate with my family member?
To read the full article go to: