"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Side Effects in Effect

I am now starting to feel the side affects of the Amitriptyline. The cottonmouth was horrible today. I've been feeling it lately, but didn't realize it until today that it was the medicine. My mouth was so dry it was horrible. I was drinking water like crazy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It seemed to wain some by the evening maybe from all the water I'd drank, or possibly because it had been so long since my last dose. Either way, I'm glad to not have to keep drinking so much water in the evening lest I wet my bed.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, welcome to my world! I take so many medications that cause "cottonmouth" I can't begin to mention them all. You won't see me too much without some beverage in my hand!!! Hard candies also work, too, as well as gum. I don't like gum, though, because I chew and chew and don't know when to stop and then my jaw gets really sore!! Hope this side effect wears off for you. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I was on this med, for vertigo at 50mg, I had the cottonmouth really bad. I carried water all over the place. I'm sure I was probably healthier then for drinking so much water. I'll try the gum thing too. I'm afraid to do the hard candy because I'm scared of any extra calories. But yes my jaw does get sore. You know, my jaw hurts if I eat red meat, isn't that weird. Anything that you're teeth really have to actually chew just kill my jaw muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I tried the gum yesterday while I was out running errands. It did work for the cottonmouth. I still had that feeling of needed to drink water really bad. But the cottonmouth part wasn't there. Thanks for the tip. I bought more gum while I was out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to be of service! Just a little tip I'd picked up a long the way. You can get sugar-free hard candies, too. I have diabetes and I use those and they taste pretty good. But if you like gum more and it works, do it! You mentioned your jaw muscles get sore when chewing? I hope it isn't anything like TMJ. That really hurts, or so I've been told. I've got some arthritis in my jaw that every now and then acts up.

    ReplyDelete