In honor of September, Pain Awareness Month, Fibromyalgia AWARE magazine is sponsoring an E-Card Contest with the theme “Pain Hurts Everyone”. Winning artists and their E-card will be featured in an upcoming issue of Fibromyalgia AWARE magazine!
Use your creativity to create a still image e-Card in honor of our National Pain Awareness Month theme “Pain Hurts Everyone”. The winning cards will be available free on our website for use by our registered users throughout the month of September to help spread the word about Pain Awareness Month.
From all valid submissions, winners will be selected in the following categories: Adult, Juvenile (12 years and under), and Four Honorable Mentions. Winning artists will be featured in an upcoming issue of Fibromyalgia AWARE print and digital magazine.
Eligibility:Contest participants must be a registered user of the NFA website. Registration is free, and may be accessed on our website at www.fmaware.org. Minors (under the age of 18) may only participate when written permission from their parent or guardian accompanies their contest submission.
How To Enter:All entries and questions should be directed to KWallace@fmware.org. All contest entries must be e-mailed no later than August 20th. Each contestant may submit no more than three E-Cards for consideration. A complete Contest Entry Form must be included in the e-mailed submission.
Medium:Still image e-cards may be submitted using your original photography, illustration or graphic art to give voice to Pain Awareness Month.
Because the winning e-card images will be available both on-line and announced in our print magazine, we ask that you adhere to the following image specifications:
- Max. Width: 6 inches
- Max Height: 10 inches
- Resolution: at least 300 dpi
- File Types: .jpg, .tiff,. pdfTheme:Submitted images should support the contest theme “Pain Hurts Everyone”. Use your own creativity and interpretation on the theme, or choose to focus on the idea that although pain is being personally experienced by a single individual, it affects those around them in different ways, both positively and negatively.
When creating your E-Card, please consider the following audiences that Pain Awareness Month messaging would most likely be directed to: the general public, health care professionals, public officials, care givers, fibromyalgia sufferers, and their family and friends.
Text:When published, each E-Card image will be accompanied by the text “September is National Pain Awareness Month”, and the “NFA logo”. We encourage you to submit your unique greeting card text to accompany your image. Your text should help to “tell the story of your image” or evoke emotion supporting the theme. Do not include the text in your image, unless it is a part of the image design. Instead, send your e-card text as a separate part of your emailed contest entry.
Trademarks:By participating in this contest, you warrant that you have the right to use the submitted artwork. The artwork is either originally created by you, or you have the written consent of the original artist to use their artwork for this purpose. Please do not submit any artwork that references trademarked likenesses or characters (i.e. Bugs Bunny).
Selection of Winners:A volunteer panel of judges will be assembled by the NFA to select the contest winners. Contest winners will be notified between August 20 and September 1, 2010. If you are not contacted by Fibromyalgia AWARE magazine, your materials submitted are deemed not to have been selected. You agree that the judges’ decisions are final.
Terms & Conditions:By submitting your e-card, or other material to this contest you are bound by the terms and conditions below:
1. NFA and Fibromyalgia AWARE magazine will have the right to edit submissions as necessary.
2. NFA and Fibromyalgia AWARE magazine will have the right to not display submissions deemed inappropriate.
3. By submitting material to NFA and FM Aware magazine, you agree that NFA and Fibromyalgia AWARE magazine can display, modify, transmit, distribute or delete your submission without needing prior or further consent from you. This applies to all submitted materials, regardless if they are selected as a contest winner, honorable mention or otherwise.
4. Authors who submit their material to us retain their copyrights, but grant NFA and Fibromyalgia AWARE magazine irrevocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to reproduce and distribute their submitted material, and forego any payment or compensation for the submitted material.
5. Authors/artists who submit their material must certify that this material is their own and ensure that it does not violate any copyrights.