"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Weekend Plans

It's a big weekend. Independence Day! A time to celebrate our country's birth and the freedom that comes with it. Unfortunately Fibromyalgia doesn't allow us to always enjoy that freedom to the fullest extent. Because I don't tolerate the heat and sun well and because I can't stand for long periods of time or sit on the hard ground, I no longer attend the parades or big festivals. Although I gotta say that with age they are seeming less and less enticing anyway. I do enjoy fireworks but the chore of hauling out the camp chairs, parking a mile away and hiking to some fair grounds to sit and watch only to have to hike back to the car is more than I want to pay for free entertainment. However, one thing I do enjoy is a movie on the big screen especially in the summer when it's hot outside. I don't feel as much like I'm hiding in my house waiting for summer to pass. Instead I'll just go to the air conditioned theater. Independence Day weekend usually proves to be a big box office time although this year doesn't seem all that exciting. Then again, AMC is luring me out with their offer of any size popcorn for just $1 and any size drink for just $1. You do have to go to this website to print the coupon. It's good for July 4th only. So print your coupon, check your times, get there early because it will be crowded. Take your blankie if your prone to being cold and your Boppy pillow if you need the arm support. What's my pick. You guessed it. Eclipse. We'll see if the hubby  will agree to it. Then I plan on coming home and sitting on my back deck in the hopes that we can see some fireworks from our new house. Hey, there's always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment