"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Results

The results from my mammogram and ultrasound showed that the masses were just tissue. That's what the report said. I wanted to know what kind of tissue. But that's all the report says. So I am going back for a follow up appointment next week (on my birthday) when my mom is here and can go with me. Mom is a 10 year breast cancer survivor. She had two kinds of cancer. When they did her ultrasound they saw something that was obviously cancer and then something that was just a "shadow". When they did her biopsy they went ahead and biopsied the other mass. They said that they never would have even biopsied that mass had it been the only one. It was cancer too and it was the bad one. That's how mom refers to it, as "the bad one". So she is digging out her old ultrasound reports and stuff to bring with her and we are going to talk to the doctor about if we should look further just in case.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    My name is David Keating and I am a student at the University of Arizona. I am working with Dr. Steve Rains, who is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication. We are conducting a study about blogging and health and would greatly appreciate it if you would complete our survey. We found your blog by conducting a general search for blogs about health. We would like to know more about your experience blogging.

    Our survey takes about 20 minutes to complete. To participate, you must be (a) 18 years of age or older and (b) have made a blog entry in the past 30 days.

    If you meet these requirements and would like to participate, please click the link below. The study will be conducted online and the link will take you to the first webpage of the survey.

    http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/283578/blogging

    [Note: You may copy and paste the address directly into your web browser (i.e., Internet Explorer) to access the study.]

    If you have any questions or concerns about the study, you may contact Dr. Rains at: srains@email.arizona.edu

    Thanks for your consideration!


    Best Regards,

    David Keating
    **************************
    David Keating
    Department of Communication
    University of Arizona
    **************************

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you got one of those survey requests, too! :0) I'm glad your mammo results didn't specifically say cancer, but I don't blame you about wanting to see if you should dig deeper to find out what this "tissue" is. Of course it's tissue! That's about as vague as saying the sky is blue! Don't you love pathology reports? They could have gone into a LITTLE more detail for you! Having your mom there may help, too. I remember when my mom would come to appointments with me, too. It's always good to have someone come in to take notes in case you should miss something. Now I have either my mother-in-law or husband go into the room with me.
    Good luck!
    Let us know how you are doing. I really enjoy reading your blog!!
    Hugs,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete