"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pet Therapy

I ran across this article and it reminded me of yesterday's  post. I'm not sure how I ended up running across this, but thought I would share because it more accurately described how I felt about what my dog's bring to my daily life's routine. 
"Dogs have been effective in relieving common fibromyalgia symptoms, such as decreased energy levels and chronic pain. Dogs provide fibromyalgia patients with a sense of grounding when they are caught in fibrofog. Through their unconditional love, dogs encourage FMS patients to be more active, obtain better range of motion and better balance. Overall, fibromyalgia patients have found these dogs to give them a sense of security and independence they had never known before. These pets have given their owners the courage to tackle daily tasks and work with renewed vigor."
To read the full article, click here.This article is referring to licensed assistance dogs. However, mine are not licensed. If anything they're outlawed. But they certainly meet the criteria quoted above.

No comments:

Post a Comment