"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Friday, July 9, 2010

Not Today World. . . I Have A Headache

A big issue for me is migraines. For me, the only thing that really gets rid of the migraine is an adjustment from the chiropractor. I've been going for about 9 years now. I have to go at least once a week for maintenance on my migraines. If I do that, I rarely ever have to take my medicine. My doctors had talked to me about getting on a preventative migraine med instead of just taking something when it hits, but if I just go get an adjustment and avoid putting more medication into my body then the choice is obvious. It's been just over a month since we moved. A month since I've had an adjustment. I am declining quickly. I'm almost as bad as I was before I starting going to the chirocracker, as I affectionately call her. I'm having migraines on a daily basis and taking my medicine just as often. We have used up our insurance money for chiropractic visits for the year. For me to see anyone here would be out of pocket. And as a new patient they would want x-rays and tests, etc. I am trying to wait until January before finding a new chiropractor. Until then, I am seriously considering going on the preventative medicine.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I would go on the preventative medication, especially if you have to wait until January to have your adjustments. At least you could get some relief. I wish you the best! ;0)
    God bless,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete