"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Monday, July 5, 2010

Medication List

Tomorrow is my appointment with my new Ob/Gyn to check out this cyst in my breast. The pain has not been as great as it was a couple of weeks ago when I was considering cutting it out myself. I'm no longer nervous about my appointment but I'm sure that will change when I'm in the waiting room filling out papers. I think this is just an exam. If she wants to do an ultrasound or drain it, my guess is, that would follow at a later date. With this trip to a new doctor, and much overdue, I updated my list of medications. It's a good practice to keep this list up to date and on your person. Your phone is a good location or on a piece of paper behind your license. That way not only will you have it for all of your appointments and pharmacy visits but in case of an accident the medical response team will know exactly what is in your system if you are unable to respond. Don't forget to list your allergies on that card as well. So here's my daily dose:
  • Lyrica 150mg 3x/day for Fibromyalgia
  • Cymbalta  60mg 1x/day, morning, for pain associated with Fibromyalgia
  • Topiramate 50mg 1x/day, bedtime, for vertigo, still increasing the dosage
  • Melatonin 3 to 6 mg 1x/day, bedtime, for help sleeping
  • Sumatriptan 100 mg as needed for migraines, plus 2 Aleve
  • Ondansetron 4mg as needed for nausea
  • Promethegan 25mg as needed for nausea
  • Alphagan, one drop each eye, for driving at night
  • Prenatal Vitamins not because I'm trying to get pregnant but because I need so many supplements due to anemia, etc.,  and this is  the easiest way to get that dosage in the least number of pills

7 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! I'm thinking about you! Let us know what happens. Oh-I take Melatonin, too, to help me sleep. Does it help you? It helps me. Have a good appointment! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE your profile pictures. You are a very beautiful woman. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. A friend took them for me as a Valentine present for my husband about two holidays ago. I had already started gaining weight which is why I just did head shots. But it was before the swelling and puffiness started in my neck and face, you know from the meds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, do I know what you are talking about!! I hate even my head shots now. Because of the Prednisone, I look like a "bowling ball head" minus the finger holes! I hate how the medications distort our looks. But if you don't take them, then you are miserable! You just can't win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This discussion is why I decided to write about how to take a good picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. have you tried sea bands for nausea?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Angie, I have tried sea bands. I've tried most everything there is. I'm so glad that you suggested it though. Please continue to recommend anything to me. I am open. That's why I started this. I want others knowledge and experience. My Fibro in addition to "traditional" symptoms, manifests itself in extreme sensitivity to external stimuli so I'm affected by sounds, smells, motion, light, the air around me. It's so very weird. I used to explain that I got car sick just walking. I got nauseous from a single sound. Going out in public is a challenge which is a bummer. Someone's perfume, a fork dropped on a plate halfway across the restaurant, poor ventilation in a movie theater. Things most people don't notice can cripple me with instant nausea and migraines. I just finished putting away dishes which for me is a difficult task because the sound the dishes make when they touch is a trigger. But it's a daily challenge unless I go all paper :) Thankfully I'm able to manage with deep breathing exercises, sprite, low light levels. Sometimes I have to go to the meds, but not very often anymore thanks to these new glasses that I have. They have been a true life changer. I found an opthamologist who was familiar with Fibro and light sensitivity as a symptom. She was wonderful. The post is called "My Future's So Bright".

    ReplyDelete