"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Friday, July 2, 2010

Good News for Boobs

So last night I am searching the internet, doing a little research on progesterone therapy. I read this entire article from a female Ob/Gyn who has Fibromyalgia herself. I really liked the article and had decided to quote part of it here on my blog. She states that she didn't believe that  progesterone therapy was beneficial for treatment of Fibromyalgia. Of course, I wasn't using it for treatment of fibro pain, I was using it to decrease the size of a cyst in my breast. I get to the bottom of the article and it says that she lives in Seguin, Tx where she is still in practice and it includes her email address. Seguin is a little suburb of  San Antonio. I've been in search of a fibro-friendly ob/gyn since I just moved to San Antonio. I've been here less than a month. My doctor from home, who had found the cyst days before I left, wanted me to get it checked out in a month. I had made an appointment with a doctor that I found in the white pages. I had read her reviews and she sounded good so I made an appointment. But my great desire was for a doctor who would at least believe in FM and understand it. I emailed this new doctor and by morning she had emailed me back. I called her office and I have an appointment for Tuesday the 6th. Yay! I called the other office and canceled my appointment for the 12th. It's sad how excited I am to go to the doctor. I'm still nervous about what may happen. I've had great doctors in the past. But to have one who will really understand, how can I be anything but excited.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel....it is very exciting to have a doctor that understands you and how you feel! I wish you the best of luck that everything will go OK. Please keep us informed about what happens. :0) Happy July 4th....and enjoy your movie! :0)

    ReplyDelete