"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Moving with Fibro

Us in front of our new house

Sorry I have been gone for so long. We have moved across country. Well, to the next state. But it's probably the same. So I have managed fairly well considering how hard it is to move an entire household.  We had to move ourselves. I began packing two months before the move. My goal was to pack two boxes a day. I thought that was very reasonable. Sometimes one box is so easy to pack. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't meet my goal every day or even most days. But I did make the effort. I made sure that my breakables and most precious things were packed by myself. That made it easier to relax when the friends and family came in at the last minute to pack everything else. And since the company was reimbursing us we bought our moving supplies through U-haul. I gotta say, they have some products that have come in very handy for me. I'll share them soon. For me the biggest thing is that now I have to find a new doctor. I've asked around and so far have had no luck. I've posted on Facebook and gotten no responses. If you have any recommendations for primary care, ob/gyn, or chiropractors in the San Antonio area, please let me know. And this is a BIGGIE for me,  it's now been two weeks since I've seen my chiropractor. I usually see her at least once a week so I'm definitely feeling it. But our new house does have a hot tub. So I plan on using that to my advantage.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I did have a suggestion for you, but I only lived in San Antonio for two months! We moved back to Arizona as my mom died in San Antonio (a sudden thing-her kidneys just completely failed on her!) and couldn't bear to live in the same city she suddenly died in. It was very emotional for me as my mom and I were very close. But, what I did notice in San Antonio, was the people at Northeast Methodist Hospital in Live Oaks were FANTASTIC! They took care of my mom AND me with utmost respect, compassion & caring. I also was going to work there as a registered nurse, but then my mom died and I had such a severe panic attack I couldn't go back into the building. But that's just me-the facility is great. Check into it, if you'd like. I wish you the best!
    Come check out my blog.....it's at http://missyschranz.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, Thank you. I have posted on the Facebook sites and here. You are the only person to reply with a recommendation. And I actually know where Live Oak is. Thank you.
    I am sorry about your mom. I understand the panic attack. I used to perform, but had my best friend get in an accident on the way to one of my concerts. Not only have I never performed again, but went from being a very outgoing person to a shy person. It's amazing what can change us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your best friend! How horrible for you to bear. Loss isn't easy, no matter the person, is it? But I love our positive attitude and my mom always had one, too when she would go to her doctor appointments. She would always get bad news it seemed, yet you'd never know it by how she smiled, laughed & loved her life and the people in it. I'd love to say I'm like her and I try to remain positive, but I do get depressed because I can't work as a nurse at this time due to my severe back pain/slipped discs. And I need to lose a significant amount of weight in order to have surgery. Plus, my husband is having surgery next week to remove a cancerous growth from his intestine. But with people like you and my mom, who deal so graciously with life's knocks, I'm learning to do that myself, very slowly.
    God bless!
    Missy Schranz

    ReplyDelete