"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

I hope that you'll take a moment to look around my blog. Visit some of the websites I've posted. Read some of my posts. Learn about Fibromyalgia. Learn about me. I hope that through this I can help and encourage those with Fibromyalgia and educate those who don't. Remember that just because we don't look sick doesn't mean we aren't. Just because we put on a good face doesn't mean we're not in pain.

One of the reasons I started this blog was because there are no support groups where I live. Share your favorite websites and your blogs with me. Please leave me a comment on my posts. I would love to dialogue about what we are fighting. Let's fight it together.

Each May, countless people around the world take part in Fibromyalgia Awareness Day activities. Officially observed on May 12, Awareness Day is designed to increase awareness and understanding of fibromyalgia—a chronic pain disorder that affects 3-5 percent of the world population.

To learn more click here.

In honor of Fibromyalgia Awareness Day, Select Comfort is giving away a Queen p5 Sleep Number ® bed (valued at more than $ 2,000) in the online edition of Fibromyalgia AWARE magazine: http://www.nxtbook.com/fx/mags/lastissue.php?mp=/nxtbooks/fma/fmasample.

For more information on the contest, click here: http://fibroblog.org/2010/05/11/win-a-select-comfort-mattress-in-honor-of-awareness-day/.


1 comment:

  1. My facebook name is melissa zimbelman....I am almost 44 years old(feels like 80) most days. I was diagnosed with Fibro about 4 years ago. They told me at the Mayo Clinic in Minneapolis that I probably have had it for at least 16 years or more. I have been in and out of hospitals my whole life. I have been having an increasing problem with vomitting when I drive or am driven around. Just comforting to hear that it is common with others who have fibro also. Thanks for the list and the site for support and info. Keep doing what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete