"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Friday, March 26, 2010

Candida Diet

I've read lots of reviews that the Candida Diet works well for Fibromyalgia. Coincidentally, I've got a friend with systemic yeast infection who is on the Candida Diet. For a couple of years now I have been creating recipes for her. I wanted her to be able to enjoy food without the boredom that can accompany the diet. I am not recommending the Candida Diet to anyone, I am just providing fun recipes for those who are one it. You should always consult your physician before making restrictive changes in your diet. I will begin publishing some of those recipes here and hope that they bring others some enjoyment and relief.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Carmen. I've read about both diets mentioned in this category - the candida diet and the other one. I've also got the book "What Would Jesus Eat" and the accompanying cookbook. A friend of mine is on a diet for migraines, one I had to be on when I was younger. It's a no-MSG diet. I've once heard someone say, "If it wasn't around 100+ years ago, you shouldn't be eating it." I think that pretty much sums it up. Just all-natural foods with no preservatives, processed sugar, etc. would be the best thing for us all. If only we could all stick to that... Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree with the idea of not eating anything that wasn't around 100 years ago. And I agree that it also hard. And it's expensive to eat foods you've made from scratch. That is why I began making Candida recipes in the fist place. My friend has to stay on that diet and she didn't enjoy eating because it was all so boring, just meat and veggies. So I decided to take recipes that I've seen which could be easily adapted and create a cookbook for her. I wanted her to be able to enjoy food again.

    ReplyDelete