"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Friday, February 19, 2010

Summer '09

The following is a previous post from early summer '09:

Just before I was diagnosed I had gotten bad enough that I could not take care of myself. I could barely get down the hall to open the door for the dog. I had to resort to help from friends and my mom. God bless them! Now, even on my bad days I am functional. I still have bad days. But it's hard to call them bad days because they're really just not so good days. And I've learn to prevent the worst of days. I think I am doing really well. I was hoping that the medicine for Fibromyalgia would help with my reaction to the summer heat, but no such luck. I still get migraines from the heat. And it doesn't take long. I could just run to the store or check the mail and pretty soon I'll be sick. So Brodie and I have worked out a schedule that helps us both. I try to do my chores and errands early in the morning or late at night. Brodie does two mornings a week at daycare so he is not bouncing off the walls. He still pesters me to go out and play fetch in the afternoon which I just can't do. The only way to keep him from pestering me is to let him take a nap with me on the bed. So that's our game plan for the summer. Early morning we do housework or whatever, nap in the afternoon and then more work in the evenings. I of course and staying up later than I am used to but it's not hurting me so much since I have the nap. A lot of times by nap time I've got a migraine coming but am able to sleep it off and keep going. And Brodie gets the rest that he needs. I actually have been getting quite a lot accomplished and have time for extra projects so it's working out pretty well. Basically I just hide from the heat and sun. But every day feels like two days, it's weird. Brodie and I are both excited about our newest toy. It is a glow-in-the-dark ball made by Chuck-it so it fits in our ball launcher. This way we can play in the evenings when it's cooler. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment