"I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it."

Friday, February 19, 2010

Dear Diary,

I have Fibromyalgia. Do you know what that is? Fibromyalgia (pronounced fy-bro-my-AL-ja) is a common and complex chronic pain disorder that affects people physically, mentally and socially. It is characterized by chronic widespread pain, multiple tender points, abnormal pain processing, sleep disturbances, fatigue and often psychological distress. At least that's what the experts say. But Fibro is different for everyone. I've joined several Fibromyalgia groups on Facebook looking for a place to share and learn, but what I've found is a lot of complaining. There is a lot of negativity. I know we are all hurting and every day is hard. But negative energy only makes it worse. What I want is a place to ask questions, get opinions and answers. I want to be part of a group that shares this together, but with a positive outlook. Let's learn how to live with this, survive it, be cured from it. I only get one life and I will not let Fibromyalgia take the joy from my living it.

1 comment:

  1. I have recently started FCK: a directory of Bloggers who educate, support, enlighten, inform, inspire and motivate people about and with Fibromyalgia (http://fibromodem.com/?page_id=1857)

    I would really like to include you and your blog.

    Please have a look at the information for Bloggers on my site (http://fibromodem.com/?page_id=1859) and, if you would like to be included, please follow the directions and then email me.

    I hope you choose to be part of this new project.

    Regards,
    FibroModem

    ReplyDelete